A leading sports betting and gaming operator, operating under various brands, with five million customers worldwide and technology and product innovation are at the core of their success.
Our client’s “pricing engine” analyses in real time each event during a match and recalculates the odds accordingly. Therefore, it is used extensively by traders in the “Risk and Trading” department – and availability, accuracy and performance are of paramount importance.
The client needed to very quickly improve significantly the performance of the pricing engine and ensure scalability. Knowing GroupVery’s work quality from past experience, they engaged us to provide them with a team of technical experts with strong performance and tuning, microservices and AWS experience.
In two months, so well ahead of schedule, the GroupVery team, working very closely with the client’s internal technical and products team, had not only rebuilt from scratch the pricing engine, but also created a framework to test the performance and implemented a POC to port the solution to AWS.
- Performance improved by 10 times
- No incidents in production
- GroupVery’s best practices were shared within the client organisation
- GroupVery’s team members were key in building the client’s “Performance Improvement Team” which replicated the success of other components
- Technologies: NET C# – ASP.NET WebAPI, .NET Core, Angular
- Architecture: Micro-services
- Core team size: 4
- Duration: Initially 3 months (extended to other projects)